November Member Meeting Minutes Link: Minutes 11-13-2018
October Member Meeting Minutes Link: Minutes 10-09-2018
Click this link for the Consolidated Treasurer’s Report Income Expense Monthly 1-1-18 to 8-31-18. (Roster Username and Password Required)
We will be starting our normal routine of court cleaning on Monday, August 20th at 10AM. The schedule will be.
This shouldn’t cause any interruption in drop in play.
Monday – courts 4,8,12,16,21,22
Tuesday – courts 3,7,11,15,18,20
Wednesday – courts 2,6,10,14
Thursday – courts 1,5,9,13,17,19
If you are interested in helping the club out, please contact Craig at Craig160@hotmail.com and he will get you set up with training and scheduling.
We are looking at 2 people a day, working about 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
This does count for monitoring credit.
This email blast is not intended to incite, nor upset any club member. It is strictly to inform everyone of the issues/opportunities faced by the Sun City Grand Pickleball Club.
- There has been a PDP application( PDP application 18-013 – Outdoor basketball court) that was submitted and approved by both the Lifestyles and Architecture Committees in the past couple of weeks. Why this matters to the club is that there have been 2 locations talked about to put the new basketball court in. The first area is in a open spot by the Adobe Center and the second spot was on Court 22 of our pickleball courts. So far nothing has been decided. It will be going to the Board of Directors Workshop on August 30th at 1:00PM in the Sagebrush ballroom in the Sonoran Plaza and possibly on to their Board of Directors meeting on Thursday, September 13th at 1:00 PM in the Sagebrush ballroom.
- Craig and I will be presenting the clubs PDP request for a Water Bottle filler/ Ice Machine to be installed in the breezeway located between courts 13 and 17, to the Lifestyles Committee on September 12th at 1:00PM in the Palm Center in the Mediterranean room.
- I would like to see as many club members as possible attend these meetings to speak up, provide support and to show the Board and committees, that the Pickleball Club needs to be listened to.
- Finally, both Keith Darrow (ARC) and Steve Berwald (LAC) are now on these committees and are making positive changes to each committee. There is currently an open vacancy on the LAC committee that will be filled shortly. If you think that you can help make a difference in our community, please submit your name to be interviewed for the open position. We need another club member on this committee.
Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions
Just a couple of items to bring up.
- We have unplugged the TV monitors for the hot summer months. Lately, people have been plugging them back in. Please do not do this, as it could ruin/burn out the monitors and the Pickleball club would have to purchase new ones.
- CAM recently pointed out to the club board members that there is a lot of used chewing gum stuck to things in the breezeways. If you chew gum, please put it in the trash cans and not on the bricks of the breezeway or stuck under the benches/seats.
- Lastly, Susan and I are going to be moving at the end of the month to a much larger home here in Grand so our current home will be available to rent. If anyone knows of someone who is looking to rent a home here year round, this might be the place for them. It is a Willow model at around 1100 sq. ft. It comes unfurnished and is a nice little home. We have rented it from our landlord for the past two years at $1300 a month, so if someone was a snowbird, It would be cheaper to rent for the year, than for 6 months during the season. If you know of anyone looking to move to Grand and might be interested, please give them my info and I can forward it on to the landlord.
I hope everyone has had a good summer and are making plans to return to Sun City Grand soon. See you soon.
Click this link for the Consolidated Treasurer’s Report Income Expense Monthly 1-1-18 to 7-31-18. (Roster Username and Password Required)
There was a major storm the ripped through Sun City Grand last night and did some significant damage to the Pickleball courts. Most of the trees surrounding the courts and parking lot have been torn down by the high winds. If you have someone watching your home while you are away, please have them do a safety check on your home.
The Sun City Grand Pickleball Club received great news today. After many months of stops and starts and a month long test trial on court 4, Ken Olson and CAM gave us their blessing to use our court cleaning machine to keep our own courts clean. Craig and Susan did a fantastic job during the trial and the three of us will be holding trainings to show additional club members how to use both the Billy Goat Vacuum and the Tomcat court cleaner starting on Monday July 30 at 8:00 AM. There will be a schedule posted soon for the days and times that we will be cleaning each court.
Please send me an email, if you would like to help. This will count as a monitor credit.
Also, don’t forget about the First Aid training on September 11th at 1:00PM. We already have about 15 people that have responded. There is room for 60 people in this class. Just let me know if you are interested.
Much more to follow.