We need club members to sign up to be monitors on the weekends. There are a lot of open Saturday’s and Sunday’s during March and most of April. We have to have a monitor on the courts during drop-in times. Please go on our club website and volunteer today.
March Member Meeting Minutes Link: Minutes 3-13-2018.
There are a couple of items that I want to bring up.
- I found a pink and blue Topp Reacher paddle on court 13’s fence the other day. I have it. Please contact me to pick it up.
- There are a lot of rumors going around about Mike McDonald. He did not get fired from the Pickleball board. He stopped me after the last membership meeting and told me that his last day of being the club treasurer would be March 31, 2018. This came as a total surprise to everyone. Mike is still a club member, but he chooses to no longer be on the board. Mike did a great job handling all of the club’s financials during his 3 months. Betty Ponto ( a former club treasurer) has agreed to take over for Mike. In addition, Carol Weber will be assisting Betty with her job. A big Thank You to both ladies for stepping up when needed.
- Lastly, I am around the courts most days and would love to talk to everyone. When I am playing a game, and you are standing outside of my court, making loud comments about a perceived issue, until I ask if there is a problem, is probably not the best way to discuss it. Yelling and swearing at individuals on the courts is never going to be tolerated or accepted. We want to keep the courts a place where friends and family can have a good time and enjoy the sport of Pickleball.
Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT VOLUNTEERS NAMES IS THIS FRIDAY, March 23rd, 2018. So far we only have four (4) people that have been submitted for consideration for the 2nd Quarter Volunteer Appreciation 2018. We know there so many more volunteers that support the Club and ensure our success. Please submit your recommendations before Friday, March 23, 2018. Who is that special person that has made a difference …that you would like to say “Thank You” for all you do.
The Volunteer Award Criteria and the Form is available here to submit candidates. Please email the forms to Colleen Grimes (email here), or Linda Durkee (email here). You must fill out the form and save it to your computer before sending it, otherwise it will be received blank.
Again, the deadline for submission is March 23, 2018.
The Monday and Thursday ball machine skill development groups are having a pot luck get-together to celebrate the end of their season.
Please join Victor, Garth and the many others who volunteered their time and energy, to help others develop better pickleball skills.
- Monday, March 26th for the novice, beginner group. Starting at noon
- Thursday, March 29th for the advanced group. Starting at noon
This is for all club members that have participated in the ball machine skill development drop-ins during the season as well as any instructors.
The group will gather under the Pavilion.
Please bring a dish to pass
The courts will be available for round-robin play.
I Hope to see everyone out there
Please let me know if there are any questions.
We will be having an end of the season skills event called “Pick – A – Lympics” on Wednesday, March 28th.
- Competition is from Noon – 3 PM
- Registration and lunch are from 11 AM-Noon, at the Pickleball Pavilion.
- Cost is $5 for the event and lunch – lunch will be hamburgers or hotdogs, chips and drink.
This will be a fun event that showcases the best shots that pickleball players have and is open to all levels of skill.
There will be a men’s and women’s division and 2 skill levels in each division.
10 courts will be set up to test your shot skills, with points being scored for accuracy in each skill.
Prizes and medals will be awarded to the top 2 finishers in each men’s and women’s division.
Volunteers are needed to run this event. Please email me if you would like to volunteer.
Let’s make this event, a perfect way to end the season, as a majority of Snowbirds (Heat Chicken’s) start to leave us for the summer.
Our own Laura Fenton Kovanda will be holding pickleball clinics on March 27th and 29th. This is open to all club members. Laura is a professional pickleball player and instructor with many gold medals and championships to her name.
On March 27th, the clinics will be for 3.0 – 3.5 level starting at 3:00 – 4:30 PM and again from 4:30 – 6:00 PM
On March 29th, the clinics will be for 4.0+ starting at 4:30 – 6:00 PM
Cost for each of these 3 clinics is $40.
Please contact Laura Fenton Kovanda to secure your spot in the clinic email Laura or calling her at 702-468-6337
Linda Durkee will be taking donations and cards for Gary and Ferne Wilford at the club membership meeting tomorrow, March 13th from 3-5PM in the Agua Fria room. Please keep Ferne in your thoughts.
Ferne Wilford is not taking visitors right now. We will let club members know when she is again up to seeing people.