Ladder Committee: The ladder committee runs the weekly League/Ladder program. It consists of a ladder manager and ladder captains. They shall make sure the ladders run smoothly and ladder rules are enforced. The ladder manager will report directly to board member assigned.
Job Description of Ladder Manager:
- Makes sure the Ladder Program is running smoothly by overseeing the Ladder Captains and the Ladder Rules as well as solving any conflicts or problems associated with the Ladder. The Ladder Manager must have access to a computer and possess basic computer skills. The Ladder Program can run all year including holidays provided there are enough players to utilize at least 3 courts. Note: All reference to Ladder Rules means LADDER MANAGEMENT RULES FOR PLAYERS AND CAPTAINS on the Sun City Grand Pickleball Club website http://grandpickleball.org/ladder-management-rules/
- Oversees the Ladder Captains.
- Recruits and trains the Captains (or oversees the training if it is done by an existing Captain).
- Makes sure the Ladder Captains follow the Ladder Rules explicitly.
- Answers any questions, solves problems, etc. which the Captain may have.
- Keeps all Ladder Captains informed of any changes in the rules or policy.
- Lets the Ladder Captains do their jobs without interference.
- Oversees the Ladder Rules.
- Makes necessary changes to Ladder Rules with the Captains’ approval.
- Updates the Ladder Rules on the web site when seasons change (playing times).
- Fills in as a Substitute Captain when needed.
- Keeps the communication lines open.
- Is the direct contact from the Board to the Ladder Program.
- Solves any disputes, problems, or complaints directed to the Ladder Program.
- Makes decisions in the Ladder Program’s best interest in meetings.
- Attend Pickleball Club Executive Board meetings.
Job Description of Ladder Captain:
- Manages one skill level of the Ladder. The Ladder Captain has a weekly commitment, must have access to a computer and possesses basic computer skills. The Ladder Program runs all year including holidays. The Captain can share the duties with a Co-Captain.
- Be familiar with and enforce the Ladder Rules.
- Report directly to Ladder Manager.
- Maintain Ladder Administration site for assigned Ladder.
- Post rankings and schedules weekly as per the Ladder Rules.
- Keep players informed of changes of Ladder Rules or ladder programs.
- Acts as a Monitor during play.
- Organize and manage assistants, if applicable.
- Keep Ladder Manager informed of any problems or concerns.