1) Upcoming events
2) Club Instructional Lessons
3) Dues Renewal Dates and Place
4) Message for those who volunteered for Member Renewal Sessions
1) Upcoming Club Events. Please mark your calendars today as not to miss these events
– Shirt Day. This Saturday, November 21st. from 8:00am to Noon we will be selling the official Club shirts. One for $10, and a Saturday special of 2 for $15, mix or match men and women’s sizes and styles. Some sizes in women’s sleeveless are on backorder. Free coffee, water and snacks for club members.
-Free Pizza Wednesday, December 9th, 11:00am – 2:00pm. Pizza is from Lucky’s pizza, 2 slices per member with water and cookies for desert. Please wear your club badge, as this is for members only, and we will be getting deliveries every hour on the hour. This is a great time to socialize and catch up with friends coming back for the winter months. This will be served at the pavilion by the courts.
Golf Cart Holiday Light Parade. Monday, December 14th from 6:00-9:30pm, Apache Room, close to the Model Railroad display. The last social event of the 2015. Please decorate your golf cart and join us for coffee, hot chocolate, sider and holiday snacks and then take a tour of Grand to see the wonderful light displays some residents create and then back to the Apache room for some more goodies and social time. There will be a best golf cart decorated contest. Please see the flyers at the courts and on the bulletin board. Please RSVP to Laura Darrow at email@example.com by December 7th. Bring some of your favorite homemade holiday treats to share with other members.
2) Club Instructional Lessons. Lessons will begin in December but all available slots are filled for December and the first available date is now January 15th, 2016. Please communicate this to friends or neighbors that may be inquiring about lessons.
3) Reminder – Membership renewal applications will be online beginning December 2, 2015. We have scheduled renewal sessions for those who want to renew “in person”, and sessions will begin in December. Below are the dates and location (Cimarron Center):
Thursday Dec 3, 2015 – Agua Fria 9 – 11
Friday Dec 4, 2015 – Agua Fria 1 – 3
Tuesday Dec 8, 2015 – Agua Fria 9 – 11
Thursday Dec 10, 2015 – Agua Fria 9 – 11
Tuesday Jan 5, 2016 – Agua Fria 9 – 11
Thursday Jan 7, 2016 – Agua Fria 9 – 11
Wednesday Jan 13, 2016 – Agua Fria 1 – 3
Please remember, if you do renewal by mail, to include a copy of your CAM card and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
A “2016 Membership Renewal” page has been created on the website with this information. It is under the “Membership” tab.
4) From Betty Ponto, Treasurer – A Message to All Those Members Who Volunteered for the Member Renewal Sessions
I want to thank all of you for the over-whelming response to our call for volunteers for 2016 renewal sessions. Because of the volume of responses, we are using this method of communication to inform and thank you. We wish we could have assigned all of you, but that wasn’t possible. Those who have been assigned have been notified. For those who volunteered and were NOT notified, we weren’t able to assign you, but are keeping a standby list in the event those scheduled have to cancel. For those who need 2015 monitor credit, there are still open monitoring hours available online. For those who are signed up to monitor in December, please do not renew your membership until you have monitored and been given credit on the database. Any monitoring or volunteering that you do after December 31, 2015, will be credited to 2016. You can check your monitoring credits in the Roster. Again, Thank You!!
SCG Pickleball President