Joe lived and worked in Northern California for twenty-nine years before moving to Sun City Grand in Fall 2010 without any idea what to do in retirement. In Spring 2011, Joe discovered Pickleball, joined the club and has not stopped playing since.
Remarks from the member who submitted his nomination: When you talk about those selfless volunteers behind the scene Joe is on the top of the list:
- Dedication, Commitment, Team Player, Articulate and Supportive
- Joe has been a positive fixture with the PB club for over 6 years
- Joe exemplifies the word patience; beyond the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting
- He’s our PB club guru, organizes & sends out Pickleball club email blasts.
- He has been the Webmaster since February of 2015, creating and managing the content and organization of the Pickleball Club website
- B Ladder Captain and Ladder Manager
In November of 2012, along with another club member Joe used an AED and performed CPR to successfully resuscitate a club member who had a cardiac arrest on the courts during morning drop in. For their actions three club members received the Surprise Fire Medal.
Joe also updates the card readers with new club members. He was also responsible for transferring members data to TrackitHub when the Club moved to the TrackitHub software program for Ladders and League play.
Joe you have earned the respect & gratitude of those whom, and with whom, you have and continue to work with. Because of your efforts and your selfless contributions on behalf of the Pickleball Club and Membership we are happy to award you this Volunteer Service Award.
You must be logged in to post a comment.