What’s in this email
1) Upcoming Events
2) Need Volunteers to referee during the Tournament
3) Member March Meeting Cancelled
4) Cancelling Court Reservations
5) St Mary’s Food Bank
1) Upcoming Events
- Grand Charity Tournament Thursday, 3/19/2015-Saturday, 3/21/2015 SCG PB Courts. Come out and help support Valley Vista Marching Band’s “Wish list” by playing in this fun tournament, sponsoring a court, donating or all three. It’s for the kids and all proceeds go to the Band. Apps can be completed at the courts or mailed in. One week to go so it’s time to please get your app turned in! All levels of play and a just for fun tournament. It is for SCG PB members only! See prior email blasts, and flyers and apps are at the courts as well. Contact Victor Moreno, Doug Pusateri to sign up or Sharon Navratil for court sponsorships and donations.
Spring Fling, Thursday, March 26th, 5:00 pm to 10:00 Okay PB Club members…Get in your Spring Fling reservations, times a wastin’ and we’re looking for a sold out event (questions email email@example.com).
2) Want to learn how to referee a Pickleball match? We need volunteers during the tournament and John Grasso and crew will be having a training session on court #4 at 4:00PM on Thursday, March 12th. Yes it is court cleaning day but the courts should be dry by then. Please come out and support the tournament and learn how to referee. All members welcome!
3) The general member meeting for March has been cancelled for this coming Tuesday. We will have one in April.
4) The Board is receiving many emails with members frustrated with others reserving courts and then not using them and not cancelling prior to the scheduled time. Please everyone, have the courtesy to cancel your court reservation if you will not be using it. We have a shortage of courts, as everyone knows, so this is very frustrating for those wanting to play and see empty courts. The Board is starting to track those that are not cancelling courts and those members will be notified and possible limits to future scheduling privileges.
5) We continue to have a consistent turnout at the Food Bank every Monday (9-Noon) and Thursdays (1:00-4:00). Club members have contributed 171 man hours in just 4 visits and the “crew” last Thursday sorted 7,493 pounds of food! . To come on Monday’s email Cathy Hennefer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Thursday’s email Dianne Kwiatkowski at email@example.com