What’s in this email
1) Valley Vista HS Band Thanks The Club
2) Last Call for Applications
3) Tournament Updates
1) Valley Vista HS Thanks the Club. The booster club officers of the band and their kids visited us at the courts Thursday evening to finalize helping with the Charity Tournament.
- We informed them that we had already collected enough funds to purchase one item on their “wish list”, the synthesizer. They were so very thankful and grateful and thanked everyone in the Club for our support. Except for our Club they have no other sponsors.
- We found out the School District only gives them $500 for the year. Half of their budget of $30,000 comes from the “fair share” program which comes directly from the kids parents just to be part of the Band, which amounts to over $400/student. The rest is from fundraising.
- They also told us that because the band club has to pay for bus transportation they only get to play at one “away” game each football season. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could pay for one or two more?
- Because it is Spring Break for the School next week, the band kids have volunteered to help us each day, coming in 3 shifts on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They will be helping with set-up, 50/50 raffle, clean -up, etc. Please give them a warm and friendly welcome!
- Their 15 pc Jazz Band will be performing during the lunch hour on Saturday at the pavilion.
- Because the kids showed an big interest in learning to play Pickleball, we are in the planning stages of inviting the entire Band and Color Guard to come for a “pay for play” one day event in mid April. It will be your opportunity to teach the kids our sport and to show them how much fun it is. They offered to bring the entire band to perform for us. We have already received the ok from the Tennis Club to use their adjoining court for the performance. More details to follow.
2) Last Call for Applications. First, the event planners want to thank those who have already signed up to play. This is strictly a fun SCG Pickleball Club member event, an opportunity to have some fun playing with your fellow members, while supporting our local kids. We still need players in each skill level. so please get your application in today. Monday, 3/16, is the last day to get your application in. Victor Moreno is at the Courts everyday and is more than happy to take your app. Please help us obtain the goal of getting the second item on their “wish list”, the Band Director Stand. Remember with your app fee of $15 or $20 you receive one free lunch. Fun, a free lunch and helping the kids, what a great Combo!
3) Tournament Updates
All entries will be notified by Tuesday, 3/17 of your playing partner.
Courts 1-6, from 6pm-9pm Wednesday evening, 3/18 have been reserved if you want to get some practice time in with your partner.
We are in need of some help for set up and take down each day. The morning set up is at 7am. Please contact Bob Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 407-920-8524 if you would be willing to help. It would be very much appreciated.
The 50/50 raffle each day will start off with a $100 minimum. We have also received gift certificates from local merchants as addition prizes for the 50/50 raffle, so please make sure you participate. The entire 50% goes to the Band.
We also want to thank those who came for referee training Thursday evening.
Again, if you haven’t already signed up, please do so today.
Also, if you cannot play for whatever the reason please come out and support the tournament by cheering on your fellow players and supporting the band as well.
VP SCG Pickleball Club