What’s in this email?
1) Updates on Club Social Events
2) An Opportunity to make a difference
3) Drop-in feedback
5) Bulletin Board Updated
1) Club Social Events Updates.
A) For all you procrastinators out there, the Fall Fling, on Sunday, October 25th is filling up fast! Remember this is a dinner/dance which is always very popular with our Club members. Linda Durkee, the social chair for this event, has asked us to communicate (because of a limited number of seats available) that before you send in your check to email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability. It’s our first event of the fall season and a great time to catch up with friends from over the summer. You can click here to go right to the Flyer on the Club’s website. Make those reservations today!
B) Mesa Flea Market Trip, Sunday, November 15th is also filling up as well. Another nice social event to spend the day with fellow Club members and do something different. Contact Kathy Crotty, 623-266-0310 for reservations. The Flyer is also posted on the Club’s website under “Social or you can click here.
C) First Annual Pickleball Club Golf Cart Parade, Monday Evening December 14th. We are in the initial planning stages for this event but if the Community has another holiday light decorating contest we would like to have a parade to go see the lights. The Club will supply the coffee, hot chocolate, water (members bring those Christmas cookies, brownies, etc.) and we will gather at the Apache Room over by where the trains are set up from 6-7:30pm and then head out to see the lights. We will be looking for a volunteer or two who really knows Grand to set our course for that evening. This is for PB Club members only and not a community event. More to come on this.
2) An Opportunity to Make a Difference in SCG. Ken Olson sent out a community email 9/22 asking for:
Lifestyles Advisory Committee Special Call for Candidates
This is your opportunity to make a difference by helping the direction SCG takes in the future. The first item listed under Duties and Responsibilities is: Review issues relevant to Charted Clubs and Interest Groups. Do you think it would be helpful to our Club if someone from our Club was on that committee? Here is a link to a document describing the position and how to apply. Please check it out, the deadline to have your application in is 10/9/2015.
3) Drop-in Feedback. We have heard of two issues that have been occurring during drop-in times. 1) That members are not signing in to the sign in book because they feel it is not important any more since we did not get the additional courts. Remember the Club will fight for more courts another day and we may need those stats to help make our case. So please sign in every day that you play. 2) We have received feedback that some members are conducting unauthorized Club drills during drop-in times and thus taking up a court. We certainly encourage our members to do drills, but please book courts and do those outside drop in times. This is not a large issue but we like to address issues before they may become out of hand.
4) Official Pickleball Club Shirts. We have been receiving great feedback on the shirts. Many members are ordering more than one because of the quality and the price of $10. Because of that we have run out of men’s Large and XL shirts. Our first order of 200 was basically a test to see how all of you liked them. We have already placed an order for another 450 shirts, ordering very heavy in the sizes that sell the best. We have also ordered more sleeveless women’s and there is now a picture of all the shirts on the Club’s website and at the bulletin board at the courts. Please click here. We expect that order to be in around 10/8. Pauline Avery, our very dedicated Club Shirt Volunteer, is still taking orders and selling the shirts she has in stock. Please continue to order through our shirt order email address: email@example.com. The price will continue to be $10.00 so order multiple shirts. The shirts for now will be just the one color to keep the price down.
5) Bulletin Board Updated. We would like to thank Justine Retkowski, Jan Scheid, and Casey Szukalski and crew for redoing and updating the Club’s bulletin board with a fall theme.
SCG Pickleball President