What’s in this email?
1) General membership meeting, Tuesday October 20th. 3:00 pm. SONORAN PLAZA, PALO VERDE ROOM
2) Shirt Sale Saturday, October 24th Pavilion by the Courts 9:00am-Noon 4 for $30
3) Upcoming events
4) Dues Renewal and monitoring
5) Thank You to Ladder Manager & Captains, Need volunteers to fill vacated postions
6) Need people for ball distribution last 2 weeks of November
7) Need people for court reservation sheet posting
8) Morning reserved courts not being used/canceled
1) General membership meeting, this Tuesday, October 20th at 3:00PM The meeting is at Sonoran Plaza, the Palo Verde Room, which is located as soon as you come into the main entrance of Sonoran Plaza. It is the same building as the Activities and Ticket Desk. This is an important meeting, as the nomination of officers for 2016 will be made. Come meet the candidates.
2) Special Shirt Sale Saturday. This Saturday, October 24th, from 9:00 until Noon, we will be having a big sale on the Official Club Shirts. We will have all sizes available. We are running a promotion that will be $10 for one, $20 for two, but for $30 you can buy four! It will be at the pavilion by the courts and there will be free coffee, water and snacks for PB Club members (be sure to wear your badge). If we run out of popular sizes or you cannot make this, we will be having another big sale on Saturday November 21st and Saturday December 19th for those last minute Christmas gifts. Please no pre-orders at special prices.
3) Upcoming Events
-Fall Fling Sunday October 25th. See Flyer on the Club website under “Social” for details
-Mesa Marketplace Swap Meet. Sunday, November 15. Still open seats available. See Club website under “Social” for details. Great day of entertainment
-PB Club Pizza Party Wednesday, December 9th Pavilion by the Courts 11:00am -200pm. Free pizza and water for all Club members. This will be like the one we had last fall. Pizza from Lucky’s Pizza. More details to follow.
-First PB Club Golf Car Holiday Light parade. Monday, December 14th. More details to follow.
4) We will start having membership renewal events in early December. Looking at the Club roster there are still quite of few members who have not monitored or volunteered for any club function. Remember it is $5 to renew with a monitoring credit and $25 without. For those who would like to save $20, time is running out so please sign up to monitor before 12/31/2015. Remember there are two drop in times to sign up for each day and only one monitor per slot time.
5) The Club would like to thank Joe Williams retiring as Ladder Manager November 15 , also thank you to Colleen Grimes retiring as 3.5/B Ladder Captain November 15, also Vic & Pauline Avery have retired as 2.5/Novice Ladder Captains & Robert Julian is retiring as Monitor Chair December 31st. The Club needs volunteers to fill these vacant positions, without Ladder Captains the ladders will not be scheduled to operate. For 2.5/Novice ladder we need someone that enjoys teaching beginners, so please contact Joe Williams if you are interested in helping out. For the Monitor Chair position please contact Dennis Raggi or Bob Ellis.
6) Good way to earn your monitor credit, we need people the last 2 weeks of November for ball distribution
Contact : Doug Pusateri
7) Good way to earn your monitor credit, we need people for posting the court reservations sheets.
Contact : Doug Pusateri
8) I have noticed all 12 courts being reserved from 7am : 9am, and some people are not showing up or canceling their unused courts. I have noticed the same names numerous times per week not showing up. If you are not going to use your reservation please cancel the night prior no later than 8:50pm. I will be talking to CAM about possible penalties if this continues to happen.
Thank You, Hope everyone had a good summer and are you ready for cooler weather?