It is a little over a month away from the opening of registration for our December Pickleball Tournament “Sharing the Pickleball Love”. Grand Pickleball Club members will have the opportunity to register one day early on July 19th. Regular registration starts on July 20th.
I’ve enclosed the flyer that will be posted on the club’s website, PickleballTournaments.com, on Facebook and other social media outlets.
We are proud to be partnering with Dave Weinbach for our first ever Tournament. He is allowing us to use his name to draw in some of the top pros in the country as well as some major Pickleball companies as sponsors.
This is a charity tournament with proceeds going to the 5 following deserving causes.
- A Soldiers Best Friend – they provide dogs for service members with PTSD
- SCG Firehouses – we will do something for the two firehouses on property
- Chance Shelter – a local no kill animal shelter
- Nadaburg Elementary School – this school asked for our clubs help in starting a new pickleball class this fall for the elementary schoolers by providing nets, paddles, balls and instruction
- Valley View Community Food Bank – a local food bank in the Surprise area that focuses on feeding kids.
We are promoting a $15,000 prize pool for the Pro divisions during this tournament. This money is coming from the Pro’s registration costs and sponsors. The Pickleball club is in no way putting up any prize money.
We are also asking for anybody who would like to, to host an out of town player. This is totally a voluntary option. Hosting out of town players is a Pickleball tradition and makes the pickleball experience unique. If this is not for you, feel free to say no.
There will be limited (golf cart) parking at the courts during the 3-day tournament, with shuttle service being supplied by To My Surprise Shuttle service from Grace Church to the courts, every 5 minutes. Food Trucks and Vendors will be around to provide meals and merchandise. Bleachers will be set up by the Medal courts (18, 21, 22) for people to view the Bronze and Gold Medal matches.
You must be logged in to post a comment.