What’s in this email?
1) Vendor Day
2) Court Schedule’s
3) Saturday Afternoon Drop-in
4) Saturday Afternoon Monitors
5) Guest Speaker exercise info
6) Why we have added/changed court usage
1) Vendor Day is this Friday 1/23/15 from 9am to noon. Vendors will be at the Pavilion with paddles, accessories & clothing. Court 4 will be reserved for paddle demos. Coffee & snacks will be available in the Pavilion. Remember to only purchase approved paddles for use in SCG.
2) Over the next 10 days you will see the final court usage schedules show up on the reservations system. Please read carefully as events such as afternoon drop-in have various numbers of courts assigned based on the day of week. We have begun to post the court schedule in the Pavilion. We will begin to post the same court schedule in the breezeway by court #9. The ONLY schedule that you can sign up for a court will remain the bulletin board. The other schedules are for convenience only.
3) We have decided not to continue afternoon Drop-in on Saturdays; this will be effective 1/31/15 and courts 5 thru 12 will then be open to reserve for play.
4) If you have signed up to monitor for Saturday afternoon drop-in, you will monitor courts 1 thru 4 only, 75+ drop-in. This will be effective 1/31/15.
5) January’s guest speaker Josh Hayes, the physical therapist, has provided us with copies of the Warm up & Post workout exercises. We will not be able to post them on the website, but copies are available in the pavilion. Please only take one copy of each.
6) Reasons for the court usage changes:
The club members that attended our October 2014 membership meeting heard the guest speaker and SCG Board Director, Bob Aiken, tell the members that the club needed to show more club scheduled court usage to justify the need for more pickleball courts in SCG. That is the only reason your new Pickleball Board has added more club court events to the reservations system.
We have tried to add events to provide access to all skill levels of play from 2.5 to 5.0 and 75+. We, as a Board, realize that a lot of private groups have been displaced from their normal playing times. When adding events we have tried to do as asked by the SCG Board, that is to book all 12 courts in a single time slot. Also we were told that all club events need a monitor present. Any event added took into consideration the ability to get someone to monitor these events. We hope everyone will see that the main goal is for more courts for all residents of SCG.
We expect to return to the old court usage schedules sometime in early April, when demand for court time starts to lessen.
Thank You for Understanding and co-operation,