What’s in this email:
1) Club Membership meeting, Tuesday, May 12th, 3:00pm
2) Tuesday Night Mixer is now an open mixer.
3) Need volunteers to post daily court schedule.
4) Upcoming Events at the VVHS, Free Band Concert Friday 5/15
5) Synthesizer Case
6) VVHS Needs a Trophy Case
7) St Mary’s Food bank Volunteers needed Morning/Afternoon
1) Club Membership meeting. Tuesday, May 12th, 3:00pm Cimarron Rec Center, Aqua Fria Room. This will be the last meeting until October. There will not be guest speaker at this meeting. There will be updates on the Pickleball/Tennis presentation May 28th.
2) Tuesday Night Mixer. Starting immediately, the Tueday night couples mixer is changed to an open mixer(not requiring a partner) for the entire summer. Come out an enjoy the fun with fellow members.
3) Need volunteers to post daily court schedule. We need volunteers to post the daily court usage schedule, if you play 6-7am please help us with the court schedule posting. Only the bulletin board schedule needs to be posted for the summer months. Contact Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can use several volunteers so please help out, you will get monitoring credits for the schedule posting.
4) Upcoming Events at the VVHS. There is a FREE end of the year Band Concert next Friday, May 15th at 7:00PM at the Performing Arts Center, 15550 N Parkview Place, Surprise at the Valley Vista HS. Come see the kids perform in their beautiful Performing Arts Center.
5) Synthesizer Case. We heard from some of the kids they could use a case for that very expensive synthesizer the Club purchased for them. So with the funds still available from our Band Event we were able to purchase a case for the Band. It was delivered to the school this past week. The kids and band director are very appreciative.
6) Trophy Case. The Band does not have a lot of trophies but what they have are just sitting on a table in the Band Room. If someone has a glass curio to donate that would display their trophies in a more appropriate manner it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Dennis at email@example.com .
7) St Mary’s food bank can use Morning/Afternoon volunteers. The Post Office Food Drive this past Saturday, May 9th, brings in a lot of extra food to St. Mary’s Food Bank right here in Surprise. Because many of their volunteers are snowbirds and leave this time of the year, the Food Bank needs new volunteers to help them sort this large increase in donations. There are 3 hour shifts available every weekday from 9:00am-Noon and 1:00PM-4:00PM. Please watch “Activities Corner with Gina, May-June” on TV 22 to get more information or open this link to see the interview with the manager of the Food bank: http://scgcam.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=228. You can register on line http://volunteer.firstfoodbank.org/ or email the manager Stephanie Bikel at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. With the hot weather coming it is a great place to volunteer in the afternoon after morning drop-in’s. There is no long term commitment and the work is easy.
Thank you to all the members of the Grand Pickleball Club for your hard work and donations of time and money to the Club’s charitable causes.
President SCG Pickleball Club