What’s in this email?
1) Issue and Solution with the Breezeway Card Swipe
2) Provide detail on “card not reading”
3) Monitoring scheduling issues
4) Summer Schedule starts May 1st.
5) Monitoring Update and last call
1) Issue and Solution with the Breezeway Card Swipe: We understand some members are having issues with the card reader in the breezeway not working on the first swipe. It is not as accurate as the one in the pavilion. The key is to tilt the card to the left when swiping. It puts the stripe tight against the read head. We have put instructions on the cover of the reader in the breezeway. This should resolve most of the read issues from this card reader. Please inform other members of this tip if you see they are having issues getting their cam card to read.
2) Provide detail information to the monitor on duty if your card does not read. Issues we have been finding is 1) if you have moved you are using your old cam card or haven’t updated your new info in the Club data base, 2) just recently joined the Club and your info is not in our system yet, 3) User error not swiping the card correctly. Also if you need a new name tag or anything else unrelated to the monitor please email the appropriate Club volunteer under “contacts” on the Club website under the heading “Organization”. Also, please always be courteous to the monitor on duty and wear your name tag at all Club events.
3) Monitoring Scheduling Issues and Schedule Update. We are still having members schedule to monitor during times when drop-in is not scheduled. You will not receive a monitoring credit for those unauthorized time slots. Remember for the rest of March and April, the only times you may sign up to monitor is Monday-Sunday, 9:00am-Noon, and Monday-Friday, 4:00pm-6:00pm. Also only one monitor per time slot.
4) Summer Schedule Starts May 1st. When signing up to monitor starting 5/1, please remember the only drop-in time will be Monday-Sunday, 8:00am-11:00am, with no afternoon drop-in.
5) Monitoring Update and last call. It appears all monitoring time slots for the remainder of March are booked and April is filling up quickly. For those snowbirds that either came back after 1/1 or later this year you may want to get your monitoring in before leaving this year. Remember the monitoring date to receive the reduced dues for next year is 12/31/2016.
SCG Pickleball Preside