The following items are happening on the courts.
- Rob White is coordinating and the club is hosting a Men’s 3.0-3.5 Pickleball showdown on February 6th. Full details are on the event website www.justpickleball.com Registration deadline is January 29th.
- The drills and skills program is looking for 4.0 and higher players to volunteer to assist in conducting classes. The novice beginner class is every Monday from noon – 2 PM and the advanced class is held each Thursday from 2-4 PM. Anyone interested in volunteering, please contact Victor Moreno or Garth Merkeley.
- As you know, clinics for 2.5, 3.0 and 3.5 skill levels have been ongoing and very well attended. We have now arraigned for a 4.0 clinic to be held on February 27th and March 6th during the 4.0 skill level drop in sessions at 12 noon. For these two clinics, we will need ADVANCE SIGN UP. Equally as important, we need your input about what you are seeking to learn from these clinics. Please email Jeanne Harteau at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend, along with your questions/suggestions.
- The Utah Ballroom dancers are returning to SCG to host Dancing with the SCG stars event on Tuesday February 12th. If you would like to represent the Pickleball club in this event, please contact me. You would be partnered with a young professional dancer who will teach you a 90 second dance routine.
- Lastly, there will be a USA versus Canada 4.0+ Men’s shootout on February 5th from 2-4 PM. Come out and show your national support.