In recent years we have seen a decline in members participating in our skill level ladder play. At the same time, as we have introduced additional opportunities for organized play, we have seen a lot of interest in offerings such as Ladies Ladder and Seasonal League and the Wednesday morning round-robin. As a result we are restructuring our organized play.
Effective October 1, we will discontinue all skill level ladders. Our organized options will include:
Mixed Ladder Mondays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 14
Men’s Ladder Wednesdays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 16
Ladies Ladder Fridays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 18
Seasonal Round-robin: Saturdays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 19
Seasonal Round-robin will play from October thru April and from June thru August (Summer RR). Seasonal League will move permanently to the round-robin format. We will not track scores in round-robin play. Ladders will play October thru April.
Introduction to Ladder Play: Thursdays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 15
This ladder is for players new to Pickleball who need help with the rules, court positioning and keeping score. It will be played like a ladder but with more input and instruction from the coordinator.
For players: New – 2.0 skill level
To be eligible to participate in the above Ladders/Round-robin.
1. You must be a GPC member in good standing.
2. Must be 2.5 skill level and above.
3. Must have a unique email address (one that is not shared with another member of the GPC).
4. Must commit to playing a minimum of 6 times during the season.
5. Must read and be familiar with the ladder/round-robin rules. These are currently under revision and will be on the Club’s website no later than October 1st.
How And When To Register
How To Register: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- – include the names of any (and all) of the groups you want to play in (Intro, Ladies, Men’s, Mixed, Seasonal RR)
- – if you have never used Trackithub include your email address of record with GPC, your skill level and gender (it is not always obvious from your name)
- – if you played on the Ladies Ladder last season you do not need to register again.
When:Registration ends September 30, 2019
What To Expect:
If you send an email to register for one or more of the ladders/round-robin, you should receive an email from each of those ladders/round-robin by October 5 indicating you are registered to play. That confirmation email will include any information you will need, to understand how weekly registration works. Only email us a second time if you have not received a confirmation by October 5.