This upcoming week is a huge week for the Grand Pickleball Club. The world is coming to our doors.
None of this could have been possible without the incredible hard work of our club members.
We will be doing a lot of work around the courts each day and will try and not get in anybody’s way.
- On Tuesday, December 10th is our December club members meeting starting at 3:00PM (Cimarron Center, Agua Fria Room). This is the last one of 2019. We will have a number of speakers from our charities and others. In addition, we are having a Food Drive for the Valley View Community Food Bank and will be collecting non-perishable food items at the meeting.
- On Wednesday, December 11th – NAZT TV 7 will be doing a news segment on the courts about our tournament, our club and charities starting at 1030 AM. We will be using court 21, but it would be nice to have the courts full during the shoot.
- Court Sponsorship banners will be put up all day long and we will try not to get in anyone’s way.
- On Thursday, December 12th, The parking lot will be prepared for our vendors booths and the external banners will be going up. Parking may be a little tight, so if you drive, drive a golf cart.
- Also on Thursday, December 12th starting from 2-5PM, there will be a Pro Exhibition set up on court 21. We will have pizzas, wings and desserts until it runs out. Exhibition matches and food will start at 3 PM and the Mayor of Surprise will be in attendance as well. Club members are welcome to come on out and have a good time.
- Friday is our official start of the tournament featuring Women’s doubles
- Saturday is the Men’s doubles
- Sunday is the final day and is Mixed Doubles
- We will have two food trucks on site each day starting at 7AM,
- The Golf Course will be providing a beverage cart each day at Noon until 4 PM located on Vendor Row.
We are still in need of a few things to help out with the tournament. It will start early in the morning and run until it is dark most days, so it will be chilly at both times. Listed below are some items that will help make our tournament a success. Make sure your name is on all of the items that you loan out
- (2-3)small gas generators (the quieter, the better). We have limited electrical outlets around the courts.
- Propane heaters for the breezeways, pavilion, and tents. Both tabletop and towers are needed.
- 5 gallon plastic buckets (type used for empty homes during the summer). We are in need of @100
- Baked goods for the Pro Exhibition on Thursday afternoon. If you can help out on the oranges or baked goods, please let Laura Darrow know by emailing her at email@example.com or calling her at 303-888-2454
Please let me know if there are any questions