PLEASE READ THE BELOW EMAIL INCLUDING THE PREVIOUS EMAIL WITH THE DRAFT LINK.
The Grand BOD is set to meet on Thursday, May 14th at 1 PM. The agenda shows them voting on our draft proposal to open the Pickleball courts on Friday, May 15th. While there is no guarantee that it will be approved, I want to be prepared if it is. We will be required to follow our plan to the letter with no deviations.
Thanks to my wife Susan, Craig Soubliere and Mark Weber for cleaning and sanitizing all of the courts and benches this weekend and getting them cleaned, sanitized, and ready to go.
- Courts will be open to be reserved on Wednesday, May 13th. While the courts may be approved to be unlocked on Friday, we don’t know what time they will actually be unlocked. If you reserve a court for Friday morning, UNDERSTAND THAT THEY MAY NOT YET BE UNLOCKED AND YOU WILL MISS YOUR COURT TIME.
- There is NO DROP IN!!!. You must have a court reservation and have 4-5 people lined up to play on your court. We cannot have people showing up to see if there is a open spot on a court. CAM and the BOD will be watching.
- Those players who are needing people to set up their court should use the Facebook page “The Grand Pickle” to ask for assistance.
- Reservations can be made starting Wednesday, May 13th
- The blue benches on the courts CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE MOVED!
- The tables and chairs that are stacked at the end of the breezeways cannot be used.
- The bench and chair cushions have been removed, sanitized and stored until the courts are open without restrictions.
- There will be buckets in the breezeways and pavilion for clean balls and dirty balls
- THE ORANGE 5 GALLON BUCKETS WILL HAVE SANITIZING SOLUTION IN THEM FOR DROPPING IN DIRTY BALLS AFTER THE GAMES
- THE BLUE BUCKETS WILL HAVE CLEAN AND SANITIZED BALLS.
- Please understand that while the courts may be open for business on Friday, They may be closed at a moments notice.
- I’ve included part of Don Love’s email to SCG residents regarding closing again.
“Re-closing: With a relatively aggressive opening, considering our age grouping, we feel there is more than a little risk that infections will go up. Our choice was to be ultra-conservative and not reopen, or reopen with the caveat that we would have a hair-trigger on closing down without delay if we feel we need to. Experience has taught us that if a close down is needed, it has to happen early and quickly. So we will open as stated, but be very aggressive on closing should the need arise. Please be sure to remember that.”
Please understand that this is new for all of us and not everyone will be happy with all of the decisions.
PREVIOUS EMAIL IS BELOW
Both your Pickleball Club Board and the SCG Board have received substantial feedback on the topic of reopening the pickleball courts. Click this link for a DRAFT proposal by the Pickleball club to reopen the courts. We do not know if our plan will be approved, if changes will be required, or when it would take effect. In the meantime please be sure the club is hard at work with the SCG board to make this happen. Thank you for your patience.
Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns