2021 Membership Renewal Announcement
- 2021 membership renewal opens November 1, and dues are delinquent after December 31.
- Everyone must complete the online application. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
- Payment can be made by credit card or by check.
- Monitor requirements were suspended in 2020 due to Covid-19.
- All renewing member’s dues for 2021: $10.
- Detailed instructions for completing the application can be found at the bottom of the first page of application instructions. It is a link entitled: pball.grandpickleball.org/detailed application instructions.pdf.
- Your credit card payment is now processed by Stripe, a secure credit card processing company. We no longer use PayPal.
- This has made credit card payments very easy. It is now integrated into the application. Once you complete the application and choose “I will pay online” in the “How will you pay?” drop down box and click next, you will be directed to the Summary page. Carefully review all of your entered information. If you find an error, click on the “Edit” button in the upper right or lower right corner. Make any corrections and click on “Next” at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down the page to the Online Payment form.
- Complete this form with your credit card information and then click on “Submit Membership Application”.
- You will then see a green message box informing you that your payment has been processed and that you will receive a receipt from Stripe for your payment. The receipt will be emailed to the address you provided on the application. You will also receive an email from the club once your application is submitted. Some members have reported that they found it in their spam folder. If you do not get the club email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder.
- Stripe is a secure credit card processor. Your credit card information is directly transmitted to them for processing and is NOT stored on our servers and is not available to anyone but the processor.
- If you select to pay by check, make your check payable to “Grand Pickleball Club”, place your check in an envelope addressed to the Membership Chair and put it in the secure lock box in the courts Pavilion. (The lock box is located in the Pavilion by court 1, on the bottom shelf of the stainless steel storage unit located behind the large counter top)
- USPS mail is NO longer available for check payments.
- PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS. You will end up paying each time you submit with a credit card payment. If an error is discovered after submitting and making the payment, use the CAM Number / Address Change Request Form on our Website, under the Membership tab, and submit that form to correct your information. Here is a link to that page: https://grandpickleball.org/club-roster-update-request/. If we have to make a Stripe credit card reimbursement, the reimbursement amount will have Stripe transaction fees deducted.
- Club membership dues are not refundable.
- Applications will be rejected if they are in the wrong category. For instance, a new member is a SCG resident that has never been a member of the PB club. They should complete the New Member Application. Renewing members are those SCG residents that have been a member in the past, no matter how long ago. The clubs roster does not remove inactive members, so if you apply as a new member and you are on the roster, your application will be rejected. In addition, if you use a credit card, the credit card fees will not be refunded.
- Name badge stickers for 2021 will be issued at Name Badge Sticker Parties in the courts Pavilion after Jan. 2. To comply with Association rules to verify CAM Cards, all members will be required to swipe their CAM Cards through the card reader in the Pavilion. If the reader says “Thank You”, you will receive your sticker. If it doesn’t say “Thank You”, your 2021 dues have not been paid or processed yet. You will be required to bring all badges that you want a sticker placed on. The parties will be announced by a blast email and there will be several dates, including a Saturday. The announcement will include a date when 2021 stickers will be mandatory.
- The online application is on our website under the Membership tab or by clicking on this link: https://grandpickleball.org/membership-application/.
The online application and payment processing will save our volunteers many hours of tedious work updating the clubs roster and will increase accuracy. It was designed primarily with that in mind but it was also designed to be very easy for our members. BE SURE TO CAREFULLY REVIEW YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION BEFORE SUBMITTING. The information you supply will be the information on the roster.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at the email address below.
SCG Pickleball Club