What’s in this email?
1) Recognition of Club member, Tom Harvey
2) New attendance policy for Guest Speakers at Club Meetings
3) Grandkids Corner
4) Monitoring credits
5) Club policy on Guests
6) Dr. Michael Cronin’s Bio
1) We would like to recognize and thank Club member, Tom Harvey, for taking the initiative and repairing a section of the fence on one of the pickleball courts. Tom plays mornings at 7am. He said there was a CAM work order in for a while and felt the loose fence was not safe and didn’t want to see anyone get hurt so he brought materials from home and repaired the fence. Again, thank you Tom; it’s caring members like you that make a difference and this a great Club!
2) Because of the overcrowding of our speaker events/meetings, we decided to not invite the entire SCG community to our speaker presentations. We will allow each Club member to bring one guest. This will go into effect with the upcoming meeting on 2/10/15.
3) Our Club is one of the three clubs in Grand that has something for the Grandkids as shown in the February Issue of the Grand Lifestyles, under “Grandkids Corner”. Please be advised the correct email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) In order to receive a monitor credit you must be the person designated to monitor that event. Example: skill drop-ins or mixers, unless you are listed on the club website as the designated monitor for that event you will not be given a monitor credit for putting your name down as the monitor. The only exception is, if the designated monitor for that event sends an email to the Monitor Chair informing them prior to the event, that they are allowing a person to substitute on a specific day/event.
5) Club Policy: Guests at club scheduled events. Effective 1/13/15 the club policy is that guests of a member are Not Allowed at club scheduled events (drop-ins, skill levels, mixers etc.). This policy is to allow club members the chance to use the facilities during times set aside for the club. The only time guests are allowed at club events is from June 1 to September 30. If you have a guest visiting, please use the court reservations system.
6) As we have previously announced Dr. Michael Cronin, a practicing Naturopathic doctor who specializes on giving back active lifestyles without surgery, will be presenting at our next Club meeting on Tuesday, 2/10/15, at 2:45. Below is a short Dr. Mike’s bio:
Dr. Michael Cronin has been practicing Naturopathic medicine in Arizona since 1982. He is committed to helping to improve people’s health and quality of life by evolving the practice of naturopathic medicine and advancing the availability and licensing of Naturopathic physicians nationally and internationally.
Dr. Cronin is the Past-President of the American Association of Naturopathic Medicine, Trustee of the Integrative Healthcare Policy Consortium, Chair of the Naturopathic Physicians Research Institute, Board member of the Arizona Association of Naturopathic Medicine and its legislative co-chair. Dr Cronin is on the Board of Trustees of National University of Health Sciences in Lombard, IL.
Dr Cronin has practiced with his wife, Dr Kyle Cronin, at Naturopathic Physicians Group in Scottsdale, Arizona for over 20 years. His family practice includes environmental medicine but emphasizes naturopathic physical medicine. He treats chronic pain with prolotherapy, regenerative injection therapy using Platelet Rich Plasma, manipulation and spinal decompression integrated into a naturopathic treatment program. Dr Cronin utilizes diagnostic ultrasound in his musculoskeletal assessment and for ultrasound guided injections. This will be a half hour presentation with a 15 minute Q and A. The monthly meeting will immediately follow. Please be seated by 2:45 so we can start on time. Thank you.
President SCG Pickleball Club