|What’s in this email
1) Loss of a Club Member
2) Thanks to Bob Ellis Club VP
3) Fundraising event a huge success
4) Food Bank Volunteers
5) Club Events will be Changing
6) Motown social event
7) Lost paddle found
8) Article titled “How to Graciously Get to Play with Better Players…”
1) Two weeks ago the Pickleball Club lost a dear friend. Linda Pender passed away after an illness. Linda and her husband of 50yrs Joe, ran our intro lessons and skill clinics for numerous years. Many in the club got their first lesson from Linda & Joe. The Club wants to send its heartfelt condolences to Joe and his family, Linda will be missed.
2) I was out of the country for almost 4 weeks, in that time VP Bob Ellis did a masterful job of running the club. He organized, promoted and even served pizza at the Pavilion Pizza Party. Bob also had the idea of a fundraising event to help support the Valley Vista Marching Band. The 3 day tournament raised funds in excess of expectations. We all owe Bob a heartfelt thank you for his tireless work on all the club events that have been occurring.
3) As I mentioned the fund raising tournament was a huge success. Even with the Rocky start on Thursday, not the weather nor any individual was going to stop the success of this event. I want to thank all the tournament organizers, all the volunteers that pitched in, all the sponsors and individuals that donated money, entry fees and 50/50 donations. This was truly a complete club effort in making this fund raiser a success. The Club will be able to purchase the 2 main items the Band had requested. Thank you Sun City Grand Pickleball club members.
4) The Food Bank Volunteering has been a great help to the St Mary’s food bank. Bob Ellis is the process of getting the entire Sun City Grand Residence involved in volunteering their time. Thank you Bob Ellis and Cathy Hennefer for organizing the food bank volunteers.
5) Over the next 4 weeks club events will begin to change as demand decreases and the temperatures get hotter, please check the calendar of events & daily reservation sheets to confirm times and court usages. Also if you sign up to monitor, beginning May 1st your only event to monitor will be AM drop in from 8am to 11am. All skill level drop ins will end May 1, the only club events in May will be am drop in & ladders.
6) Pickleball Motown Trip to the Wildhorse Casino
Fifty six club members, friends and family enjoyed a relaxing day at the Wildhorse Casino on Sunday, March 29th. The $14 fee included the bus, a nice lunch, a surprise $20 gambling credit and a Motown Show that featured songs of the 60’s, which to many of us brought back nice memories of our youth. The Board would like to thank our Social Directors, Kathy Crotty and Jeff Cretors for organizing the event. On the way back Kathy and Jeff solicited ideas for future “off campus” activities and received many good suggestions, so please watch for future “event” email blasts for this summer and upcoming fall.
7) March 30, about 2pm paddle was found at courts. Please contact Dennis Raggi with manufacture / model / color, so the rightful owner can be determined.
8) Below is a link to an article suggested by Jeanne Harteau, “How to Graciously Get to Play with Better Players…”
Thank You to all Sun City Grand Pickleball Club members for all you hard work & professional attitudes.