Listed below are a number of items that have come up or are coming up in the near future.
1. Registration is now open for the Fall League and will remain open until September 26. The League will run from October December 15 at 2 pm and is open to all players at the 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0+ levels.
If you are interested in playing in the Fall League send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to play, you need to be:
- A member in good standing with the GPC
- Have a unique email address (one that is not shared with another member of the GPC.)
If you are new to Ladder/League Play or haven’t played in the past two years, include the following information in your email:
A. Your name as it appears on the Club Roster
B. Your gender (this is not always obvious from the name)
C. Your unique email address (this also must match info on club roster)
D. Your skill level
2. All skill levels from 2.5 to 5.0+ are welcome.
The format of play is designed so that players play mostly with others of similar skill levels. Your ranking on a ladder is based upon your winning percentage (the ratio of points won to total points possible). The ladder is a competition, not a training forum.
You are expected to indicate your intent to play by responding to the weekly ladder invitation. The number of games played and the number of points per game will be determined by the number of players assigned to each court. If 4 players are assigned to a court, players will play three 15-point games in a round robin fashion with the other three players in the foursome. If 5 players are assigned to a court all will play four 11-point games with the other 4 players.
Play will be on Monday afternoons starting at noon and will last approximately an hour and a half.
Registration is now open for the Ladies’ Ladder and will remain open until October 7th. The Ladder will run from October 15 – April 15.
In order to play, you need to be:
If you have played in the ladder or league previously, include
A. Your name as it appears in the Club Roster
B. Your unique email address (as a confirmation)
3. The awnings are back in place after being ripped up during the 4 storms in July and August. It’s nice to have the shade again.
4. The Misters in the Pavilion are now operating properly. The power outage messed up the timer and it has been fixed.
5. Onyx is no longer making the Pure 2 pickleball and is replacing them with the G2 ball. We have replaced all of the balls on the courts with the G2’s and are running a test to see how they hold up. They are bit more orange than the Pure2. We want feedback on any breakage and how they play.
6. During the club meeting on Tuesday, there was a question about the new bench cushions that was voted on by members. The question was “Did CAM approve the cushions?”. I had shown them to Ken Olson (CAM General Manager) during a walk through, but had not really asked the question. I met with Ken Olson and Bob Aiken yesterday and showed them a picture and asked for permission to put cushions on our benches and both replied ,Yes. We will be looking around in the next week or so and buying the bench cushions for all of the benches in each breezeway.
7. The PDP for a water bottle filler/ice machine, that was submitted to the Lifestyles committee (LAC) on Wednesday was approved and is moving on to the Architecture Committee, (ARC) later on this month. Craig Soubliere did a great job presenting the PDP.
We are gearing up for the new season in Grand and cannot wait for everyone to get back.