CORRECTION: Introduction to Ladder Play had an incorrect day listed in previous email blasts. The Introduction to Ladder Play will take place on Tuesdays. The correction has been made below.
Below is the text of the Ladder/Round-robin Announcement originally sent September 12th. The registration deadline is September 30. Instructions on how to register are below. If you have already registered, please DO NOT send another email. Registration confirmations will go out soon to each person confirming your registration.
In recent years we have seen a decline in members participating in our skill level ladder play. At the same time, as we have introduced additional opportunities for organized play, we have seen a lot of interest in offerings such as Ladies Ladder and Seasonal League and the Wednesday morning round-robin. As a result we are restructuring our organized play.
Effective October 1, we will discontinue all skill level ladders. Our organized options will include:
Mixed Ladder Mondays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 14
Men’s Ladder Wednesdays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 16
Ladies Ladder Fridays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 18
Seasonal Round-robin: Saturdays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 19
Seasonal Round-robin will play from October thru April and from June thru August (Summer RR). Seasonal League will move permanently to the round-robin format. We will not track scores in round-robin play. Ladders will play October thru April.
Introduction to Ladder Play: Thursdays Noon – 2:00 Starts October 15
This ladder is for players new to Pickleball who need help with the rules, court positioning and keeping score. It will be played like a ladder but with more input and instruction from the coordinator.
For players: New – 2.0 skill level
To be eligible to participate in the above Ladders/Round-robin.
1. You must be a GPC member in good standing.
2. Must be 2.5 skill level and above.
3. Must have a unique email address (one that is not shared with another member of the GPC).
4. Must commit to playing a minimum of 6 times during the season.
5. Must read and be familiar with the ladder/round-robin rules. These are currently under revision and will be on the Club’s website no later than October 1st.
How And When To Register
How To Register: Send an email to email@example.com
- include the names of any (and all) of the groups you want to play in (Intro, Ladies, Men’s, Mixed, Seasonal RR)
- if you have never used Trackithub include your email address of record with GPC, your skill level and gender (it is not always obvious from your name)
- if you played on the Ladies Ladder last season you do not need to register again.
When:Registration ends September 30, 2019
What To Expect:
If you send an email to register for one or more of the ladders/round-robin, you should receive an email from each of those ladders/round-robin by October 5 indicating you are registered to play. That confirmation email will include any information you will need, to understand how weekly registration works. Only email us a second time if you have not received a confirmation by October 5.