- Today, A contractor started installing a new mister system in the T breezeways by courts 18 & 21. It should be operational tomorrow sometime. One more item checked off of our wish list. We will now have 2 areas covered by mister systems, There are plenty more items to plan for in the coming year.
- Last month, we had a pickleball magazine come out and take pictures of our members and our courts. We will be featured in the September copy of “In Pickleball” Magazine. They sent us 40 copies of their August magazine and I will be putting them by the swipe in clocks on Saturday. It is a very well written magazine, so pick one up and check it out.
- The Club Party set for February 22, 2022 is coming along nicely, we have a menu tasting coming up to finalize the menu. It will feature an open bar Happy Hour with Hor D’oeuvres, a nice salad course, a buffet meal, and desserts. In addition, there will be a band and comedian to entertain us. Tickets are looking to cost $35 per person. More to follow
- We relocated the clean and dirty ball buckets onto the fences in each breezeway. If you take a ball to play with, please return them to the proper bucket and not in the ball tubes on each court. I grow weary of walking the 22 courts a couple of times each week to put the balls away. It seems like such a simple request
- Our Homeless Project continues. We have paused the last two weeks due to weather. To date, we have fed more than 1600 meals, given away 50 plus bikes and parts and (literally)a ton of clothes and blankets. None of this could have been done without the kind and timeless donations of our club members. You truly have made a difference in peoples lives.
- Lastly, I have friends and family members who are looking to rent a home in Grand from December through March or January through March. Please let me know if you know of such a place or two.
Let me know if there are any questions.