There have been a number of questions about cam cards and our card readers at the courts.
- If you have a cam card with four digits, a dash, and three digits (like 1234-001), your cam card can be swiped in our card readers. If the response is “thank you” your cam number is on our membership roster and your membership is current. If when you swipe the card, the response is “badge not recognized”, the card was read but the cam number was not on our membership roster and your membership may have expired.
- If you have a CAM card that has a number that is NOT in the 1234-001 format, these cards have a QR barcode on the back of the card and were issued by the Membership Office starting around October. Although there is also a magnetic stripe on the back of the card, this magnetic stripe is blank. When these cards are swiped in the card readers at the courts (or any other magnetic card reader), the card reader cannot read the card and there is no response (no “thank you” or “badge not recognized”). We think about 130 club members have these type of cam cards.
- On January 1, club memberships expire if you have not renewed. If you have a cam card number like 1234-001 and the card reader responds “Badge not Registered”, your cam number is not on the membership roster. To check your membership status without using the card readers, you can consult the roster of current members (https://grandpickleball.org/roster/) user=club password=member, all lower case.
- To renew, the membership application is here (https://grandpickleball.org/membership-application/).
- If you are not on the membership roster and you think this in error, contact the Membership Chair here (https://grandpickleball.org/membership-contact-form/).
- Please wear your club name badge while at the courts and, if you have a cam card that is recognized by the readers, that you continue to swipe your card every time you are at the courts.
Let me know if there are any questions.