What’s in this email?
1) Vendor Day this Saturday, November, 21st, 8:00-Noon
2) Shirt Sales Day this Saturday
3) 2016 Club Board needs Treasurer, volunteer needed
4) Court Usage Changes
5) New Events
6) Wear Your Name Badge
7) Ideas for new Events
8) Ladder manager, volunteer needed
9) Monitor Chair needed for 2016, volunteer needed
1) Vendor Day. Looking to purchase a paddle? This Saturday, November 21st, 9:00-Noon, at the pavilion.
2) Reminder: Shirt Sales. This Saturday, November 21st, from 8:00-Noon we will be selling official Club t-shirts, $10 each or 2 for $15. Mix or match men’s and ladies and/or sizes. Great birthday or Christmas/Holiday gift. Free coffee and water to Club members.
3) Club Treasurer. The Club needs a volunteer to take the treasurers position for the year of 2016. The newly elected 2016 treasurer needs all her time available as a primary caregiver for her elder family members. Family comes first , best wishes to Lynn.
4) Court Usage Changes: As we discussed at the November Club membership meeting, in the past, the Club has been booking all 12 courts for Club events. Starting in early December we will be changing in order to comply with the Charter Club Rules that state 25% of the courts will be available for any resident with a valid CAM card to reserve. Courts #10, 11 & 12 will be open to reservations from 7am to 9pm, 7 days a week. That means that Club events will be booked using no more than 9 courts per hour. We have had a committee looking at ways to allow Club members of all skill levels access to the facility throughout each day.
We have added some new events that we hope will take the place of Club members needing to reserve a court in order to play. The month of December will be a learning period for everyone, so please be patient, as we work out the kinks in the court usage. We don’t expect all events to be full during a holiday month, so please don’t email us because an event was scheduled and no one used the court. If a Club event is scheduled, that event has priority for usage (the 10 minute rule does not apply), if the court is not going to be used for the scheduled event and you are a valid Club member then please use the court for play. Thank you for your patience.
5) New Events:
New Round Robin By Skill level: Players sign in at courts, are assigned a number, a chart then assigns you to a court and a partner, each game you switch partners to play a new game. 2 hour event.
Club Court Challenge (Court 9 all day): Anyone allowed to play, winners of game stay on court, winners split up and pair with a new partner. This process continues so anyone waiting gets a chance to play.
Ladies Court Challenge: Check schedule for time & court, similar to Club Court Challenge, Ladies Only
Men’s Court Challenge: Check schedule for time & court, similar to Club Court Challenge, Men Only
Club Member: open to all Club members to use.
6) Club Name badge. Wearing your Club name badge in a visible location with a current year sticker is a must. Only Club members are allowed to use a Club reserved court.
7) Ideas for Club events. Please email new events that you think will be of benefit/interest to Club members. Also be willing to help organize, monitor and run the new event.
8) The Club needs a Ladder Manager. If ladders are to continue after 12/1/15 we need a Club member to fill this position. Contact Dennis Raggi or Joe Williams (current ladder manager).
9) Monitor Chair. The Club needs someone to fill the Monitor Chair position starting 1/1/16.
Contact Dennis Raggi
SCG Pickleball President